Friday, May 2, 2008

First Post

Hello!

Welcome to my new sketching/illustration blog. I've always been into art and drawing, but never took it up seriously until about 18 months ago when I began teaching kids at an after school program how to draw animals and people. I've been drawing and sketching for awhile and have decided to put my stuff on the web. Most of it is original, some has been inspired from other artists, and some stuff has been redrawn in an attempt to improve. Anything that isn't original will be marked as such. I hope to really improve my drawing and painting skills someday so that I may become a children's book illustrator or a freelance character designer. For now I do a lot of drawing and sketching as a hobby and a way to practice.

Alot of my drawing has been inspired by many artist's blogs around the web. My biggest influences have been Stephen Silver and Bobby Chiu. I had the great opportunity to meet them both at New York Comic con and pick up more of their sketchbooks. Eventually, I'd love to take their online classes at Schoolism.com and really develop as an artist.

For now, I'll just draw away!

No comments: