Thursday, November 6, 2008

Some news and an Illustration Friday entry!

Last night I ordered a 6x8 Wacom Intuos 3 . I'm really excited and I can't wait until I get it. Does anyone have any experience with it? I hope I made the right choice. I'd like to learn to paint and draw digitally. That seems to be the next step I need to take to develop my skills. Hopefully down the road I'll be able to take Bobby Chiu's digital painting class at Schoolism.

I also brought a few materials yesterday to play around with. I picked up a pack of water color pencils and a jar of burnt sienna ink to act as a skin tone. I tried inking a drawing and it didn't come out too well. Does anyone have any helpful tips using the ink?


Here is something I did with the watercolor pencils. It's also my latest Illustration Friday entry!


Two trees in an otherwise vacant field...

3 comments:

Rui Sousa said...

Very nice!
congratulations,
regards.
Rui Sousa

Katie said...

Very wonderful image. Much like our country scenes where I live. You should be excited about your Wacom Tablet. I felt the same way, and I love it. The best purchase, besides my MAC of course, that I've ever made. Best

Steve said...

Rui- Thanks!

Katie- That definitely gives me confidence in my decision to get one. Thanks for the kind words!